Brandi Hutchinson | Staff Writer
To most of us, there really is no place like home.
After a stressful day at work or school, a shower and a cozy bed is the first thing we usually look forward to.
The epitome of relaxation tends to be a perfect day at the spa. The feeling of getting a facial, receiving body treatments and even enjoying aromatherapy is truly one of a kind.
Guess what? We can get that calming, tranquil feeling right in our own homes! Below are some quick and fun ways to create the perfect day of indulgence all while being at home.
Set the mood:
● Find that perfect place that allows you to get rid of distractions.
● Soft, thick towels are necessities. Make sure you splurge on them!
● Get yourself a fluffy bathrobe for extra coziness.
● Avoid sunlight and try to make sure you’re in a dull, calm setting. Getting inexpensive candles is perfect for setting this type of mellow ambiance.
● A plant or earth-based scenery makes everything better. Try filling your area of peace with plants or flowers.
● Scent is key and can really make or break the vibe. Any products with eucalyptus can create a clean, refreshing scent.
● Detox water is soothing and healthy for the body. Get a bunch of your favorite fruits and mix them in with your water. Lemon and cucumber are very popular for infused beverages.
● Run a hot bath, having your favorite soft snack and great read alongside.
● Don’t forget the music! Queue up a chill playlist on your favorite music platform.
Once you’ve gotten comfy, start by steaming your pores. You can do this by draping a hot, steamy towel over your face. This will open up your pores and will leave you feeling relaxed. The process can be anywhere from five to 10 minutes.
Exfoliating in general should be a part of everyone’s daily skin care routine to make sure you’re getting rid of any dead skin cells. For the face, use a facial brush and exfoliating scrub. You can also try a face mask. If your skin easily irritated, use a homemade turmeric and honey mask. Ingredients for this mask are 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp honey and 1/2 tsp fractionated coconut oil.
Hair deserves just as much as our skin. Hair masks are essential because our hair needs hydration in order to restore any moisture and repair strands. The best part is, you can concoct a hair mask using the ingredients in your kitchen cabinets. If your hair is damaged, then the banana, avocado and coconut oil hair mask is meant for you. The nutrients in overripe bananas are great for moisture. Potassium and other natural oils soften the hair, and avocados promote hair growth due to their supply of vitamin B.
Cleanse your hands and rejuvenate those nails! While doing your nails, make sure you nip off any hangnails and cuticles. Trim and file your nails to your desired shape. Massage and moisturize until you’re ready to polish them.